Support Forum

problem with connection FZ1/R1

kawasakifte@gmail.comkawasakifte@gmail.com Posts: 10Verified User

Hello

I am a new user and I have got a problem with connection with FZ1 and R1. The connection is tested in terms of electricity. I receive information such as:

9F846FFB2015 R1Zawieść:Brak odpowiedzi06/27/2019 06:24:07 am

9F846FFB06-14 FZ1Fail Error: no response...07/04/2019 10:01:46 AM

What are the reasons of no connection?

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Are you bench or bike-side flashing?

With the Bike-Side programming harness you will need to connect everything and leave it connected until you are done writing to the ECU. When prompted, you will need to cycle the ignition on and off only. (Be sure you do not disconnect from the Bike-Side harness or USB port)

If you are using a Bench Flashing kit, while going through the writing or reading process it is very important to follow the software prompts carefully. You will be asked to disconnect and reconnect the Bench Flashing Harness. When prompted you will need to disconnect and reconnect the Bench Flashing Harness from the ECU only. Do not disconnect from the Data-Link USB or wall mounted power supply during the writing process.

edited July 2019

To test any hardware in the Tuning Suite software, click on the "Help" tab then "Test Interface." Select the "Test Inputs" checkbox. NOTE: you will only be looking at the number in parentheses, the colored dots don't matter.

Test 1: When having just the USB and bench harness plugged in with no power and no ECU, you want to see 37

Test 2: When having the USB, bench harness, and ECU plugged in, you want to see 0, 10, 20, or 30

Test 3: When having the USB, bench harness, ECU, and power supply plugged in, you want to see 6, 16, 26, or 36

If the numbers you are getting do not match these test numbers, there is most likely a harness problem. The numbers go like this: 1 is Red/Ground, 2 is Orange, 4 is Yellow, 10 is Green, and 20 is Brown. 

If you get different numbers from your test, the sum of the second digit indicates the bad wires. For example if you are doing Test 1 or 2 and are getting 36, the 6 indicates Orange (2) plus Yellow (4).

• pvollmer@cityweb.depvollmer@cityweb.de Posts: 12Verified User

Test 3: When having the USB, bench harness, ECU, and power supply plugged in, you want to see 6, 16, 26, or 36

Looking back at the number from your test, the sum of the second digit indicates the bad wires. For example if you are doing Test 3 and are getting 36 the 6 indicates Orange (2) plus Yellow (4).

as you see it has to show 36 and it should be okay. Do you mean test 2? I'm a little bit confused.

Yes, sorry, test 2 or 1.

• kawasakifte@gmail.comkawasakifte@gmail.com Posts: 10Verified User

When I do test 1, I have numbers 37,6,16,7, 26. What does it mean?

Test 1 is reading OK.

Hmm .. and what about test with +5 Volt ?

When I press buttons one by one and I have +5V on this pins that means everything is OK ?

edited July 2019

Still nothing ... I transfer this licence to my second interface and THIS SAME happend ..

Please connect or turn on

Find new ECU >> try to add new licence ? >> YES

Try to add licnece .........

Please connect or turn on

Not answer from ECU...

Please connect or turn on

and after that i have message : CONNECTING ... but for infinity .. On last FTECU suite after few second i have error report .. now i have nothing .. just "connecting"

When i check all harness from interface to ECU connector i have everything OK .. I push every three "5V+" on test and check voltage in ECU connector pins out .. nad i have +4,89 V ... ON ECU 28 pins connector ! I connect then a ECU and still this same ..

Battery in bike have +12,6V ... all sensors are connected.. on dsh board I dont have any YELLOW indictors .. 

When I try to reflash R1S ( 2016 ) to turn on the DYNO mode .. I have this same info >> step by step

This not a HARNESS or interfaces problem :( .. Two of my cables are wrong ? Even in test shows that everything is OK .... Numbers or Voltage are OK .. Two differents interfaces, harnes at least two different ECU and in all this stuff is problem ? Not in FTECU suite ? .. Strange :( ..

• chrisgardellchrisgardell Posts: 48Staff User

Sir, in your account of what happened I didnt see you mention anything about the mandatory second power cycle.

Did you not get prompts instructing you to power-on, power-off, then power-on again?

Without the second power cycle you would receive that exact error. This message doesn't relate to the license it's that your ecu isn't responding how it should.

Note: the second power cycle is only required the first time you write the ECU

Yes, You have right.... I think I have problem ONLY with new ECU ..

But I have this instructions and I`m do like FTE suite says :/ as always ..

I try to check today older ECU ...