Support Forum

Program not responding

nstephanian@hotmail.comnstephanian@hotmail.com Posts: 16Verified User
edited September 2020 in Bug Reports

In the throttle-by-wire maps when i try to copy the GEAR N table to the GEAR 1 or GEAR 2 or whatever other map the program freezes. It takes about 5 minutes for the program to finaly complete the process.

Also the values in the cells change by themselves.

For example if i put all the cells to 100 and save the file, next time i open up the file all cells are 99,6.

What's up with that???

Very anoying! Unusable like this.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

I assume you are flashing a Mitsubishi ECU where the copy and paste values take longer to carry over. Yes they take longer to carry over then a Denso ECU but they still work.

Please see my response here to better understand why your values are being rounded down: https://forum.ftecu.com/discussion/714/vmax-copy-and-paste

Thanks,

Jason A.

• nstephanian@hotmail.comnstephanian@hotmail.com Posts: 16Verified User

Hi Jason, thank u for the reply.

I still don't understand why the values are rounded down.

In the EU unrestricted map for Kawasaki H2 in the throttle-by-wire maps a lot of values are already set to 100.

Only when i set a value to 100 myself it later apears as 99,6. The values that were already at 100 remain at 100.

So if the values are standard at 100, why can't i set them to 100?

Thanks and best regards,

Nazar.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

There is literally no difference when it comes to 100 vs 99.6 in your TPS values.

Every file interprets the data differently with different formulas etc.... Just because one file rounds one way doesn't mean the other file will too.

Values in a file will be on whatever we set them to no matter what. Once the end user starts adjusting them the formula will do its job rounding the numbers off. That's why you might see it default at 100 but you can only change it to 99.6.

These rounding concerns are more common in Mitsubishi ECU's as well because of the way they have to be interpreted. If you work with a Denso ECU you will most likely not run into anything like this unless you are trying to adjust beyond certain limits put in place for safety.

Thanks,

Jason A.