Support Forum

ECU not Registering

sherwinroys@gmail.comsherwinroys@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

Hi. I just installed a new FTECU bikeside harness to my MT 07 2018. I downloaded that FTECU flash tune suite. I then register the harness and it doesnt seem to have a problem, but when I click on active tune this message prompt: "Active Tune ECU not detected. Please reflash your ECU." When I try to have my ECU read it says: "Failed to connect to ECU this ECU type is not natively readable. Be aware that read attempts will fail with this ECU type unless this ECU has already been flashed with your account". I checked all connections including the ring wire and it all looks good. At one point it ask me about a license and asked me to buy a new one, I just don't understand what step did I missed. I just want to try to remove the stock snorkel and to remove the engine braking this time. In the future I will replace the stock exhaust. Please advise. Thanks.

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited July 2019

You can't read (click on) anything yet because you haven't flashed a file into the ECU yet. With the Yamaha ECUs, you need to write (flash) into the ECU first before you can do anything. You need to pick the correct file (either stock or unrestricted, but make absolutely sure the file number matches your ECU's part number) and flash that into your ECU first.

Your post is a bit confusing. You said you registered your harness, but then you say you're "clicking on active tune"; your next step after registering your harness is connecting the ECU, where the software will then see that the ECU has not been written into yet, so it will ask you if you want to marry the harness to that ECU and create a license for that ECU. Then it will ask you to select a file to flash into the ECU (again, be sure to select a file that matches the part number on your ECU, otherwise you will create a major write error in the ECU). Only after flashing a file into the ECU will you be able to view anything.

• sherwinroys@gmail.comsherwinroys@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

Thanks for your reply. I got it connected already.

Yes I register my harness, Im just not sure what happened because when I go to my account dash board it shows the license number but it says file error. So I opened the tuning suite again and I tried to write into the ECU making sure the correct part number to see if it will do anything, but it prompt me to re-register or something but I did not do it yet since Im afraid I will lost my license (Im not sure if it will even happen though) and have to buy another license. I continue to browse the device menu in the suite and that is when I clicked Active tune; Read ECU and received those Alert messages. Finally I decided to just re-register the harness and marry to the ECU. After I did that, it solves the connection / communication of the ECU. And now it was working fine. I think it is an issue of registering, there is some glitch or bug on that process. Thanks so much.

• jwood42909@yahoo.comjwood42909@yahoo.com Posts: 1Verified User

How exactly did you "re-register" the harness? I'm having the same issue with it saying failed to connect.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

I think he meant that he re-installed the harness as part of the ECU connection/flash process. Once you register a harness to an account, it's permanent.

Please close down the software, check your task manager to make sure nothing from it is running in the background, and then restart your computer and try again.