Support Forum

Change of sprockets triggers TCS in all gears

greener.jay@gmail.comgreener.jay@gmail.com Posts: 15Verified User

Hello,

I recently changed my sprockets on my 2013 Yamaha R1 racebike. In the FT interface, I have updated the sprocket information to reflect the number of teeth on the new sprockets. However, when I'm at the track my TCS engages in all gears, all the time (in a straight at 260Km/h so I know the rear tire isn't spinning). I have tried driving with a gps app open on my phone to compare my speedometer reading with GPS and they are very very close.

Any suggestions on how to update the ECU with the proper information so that TCS isn't coming on for nothing?

Thanks

Jason

Comments

• greener.jay@gmail.comgreener.jay@gmail.com Posts: 15Verified User

111 views so I'm not the only one having this problem...

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

That is not a common issue with this bike as we've never heard of it before or had that happen on the 12-14 R1 test bikes we've had here. The gearing change in the speedometer is only for accurate speed readings which it sounds like you are getting.

You can try flashing the bike back to stock or putting the gearing back to stock to see if your problem goes away, but I have no good direction to give you on the issue. The bike already doesn't have TC adjust-ability from stock in the ECU file.

Thanks,

Jason A.