Support Forum

Excessive pull force required on push/pull sensor for R1 Autoblipper

I had installed the autoblipper kit on my 2016 R1S a couple weeks ago which came with the new single push/pull type sensor. It was working flawlessly for over a week, but all of a sudden I am finding excessive pull force (more force than actually required to upshift) is required before the sensor is activated. I have tried a multimeter as well as the diagnostics screen item 86, which is supposed to go from OFF to ON when the pull sensor is activated. I have to apply excessive force for it to go from 'OFF' to 'ON' and as a result, I can no longer hear a momentary cut-off when i try to shift up without the clutch.

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor so that a smaller force will register? It used to be so sensitive before such that I could hear the cutoff just from a gentle force on the shift pedal, even when it was less than the force needed to actually switch gears.

I have checked wiring on the ECU side and the stock harness side and there doesn't seem to be any loose connection. The rod also makes a nice 90 degree angle with the linkage so I cannot figure why is it suddenly not working as intended.

Comments