Support Forum

ECU not found

robertrynd@gmail.comrobertrynd@gmail.com Posts: 18Verified User

Hello,

Please look at the logs for my license. It had an error while writing the the ECU. I tried to write it again but now it is saying there is an invalid license and is not able to write to the ecu.

Comments

• robertrynd@gmail.comrobertrynd@gmail.com Posts: 18Verified User
  • kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

You had an issue during your last flash that caused your license to go into attempted state. It has been reset, you should be good to go.

Wow, all I can say is thank you. I was not anticipating a quick response and having this fixed on a holiday weekend. Have a safe and happy 4th!

Just had a custom map done by 2WDW and the same thing happened. Error on block C and not it wont connect. Can you try and reset it?

Did the reset work?

It flashed one time with an error. I tried to flash again and it could then it could not connect at all. I tried the testing method on the homepage testing the connections with a paperclip and it passed. I then tried to reflash my R6 (known good setup with good ECU which I previously flashed) which I have never had an issue with and it came up with the same problem - could not connect. I just talked to Ken on the phone and am going to do the bike side test on the R6 just to make sure then send the USB datalink cable back for verification. It seems there may be an issue with the datalink cable from USB to the 6 pin connector. I tried cleaning the USB contacts with rubbing alcohol, still no connection.

So how can I send this USB harness back for testing/replacement?

I performed the "pin test" on the R6 that did not have issues in the past for certainty's sake. It passed. This leads me to believe the culprit is the USB harness itself.

Please send your cable along with a note containing your shipping and contact info to:

FTECU

1010 N. Batavia St. Suite J

Orange, CA 92867

Will do, thank you.

Also, I used the pinout test. The top right pin read no voltage on the 5V pinout test. All other pins (except ground) checked good for 5V respectively during the test.

Hey,

I sent the harness back via UPS ground with a note inside. Is there an email I can follow up with?

Thanks

Hello,

I sent the harness back with a note via UPS ground. It should have arrived 2 weeks ago. Any updates on this? I have not received any response back.

Thanks

Apologies, we've been swamped and shorthanded these past couple of weeks. I sent you an email.

No worries, thank you!