Support Forum

Unable to flash active tune learned trims

frekkefrekke Posts: 6Verified User
edited August 2020 in ECU Licensing

Hi, I recently installed active tune on my R1 2017, I managed to flash the unrestricted map with active tune enabled and live correction mode disabled, then I took the bike for a ride, turned it of using the kill switch (ignition still on), opened the AFR monitor and saved the new trims and here comes the problem. When the program ask if I want to flash the new values I get the message ”no license found” and asks me if I want to buy one. How do I fix this? Obviously I have a license since I can flash the unrestricted map as it is, It's only when I try to to flash trough the AFR monitor it bugs. After the failed flash attempt I get a new temporary map in the left bar named ”Active tune” followed with my license number, here I can see the new TPS vs RPM and MAP vs RPM values, am I supposed to copy these fuel values into my own map and then flash as usual? That doesn't seems right. Do you have to reset my license?

Comments

• jeff_cjeff_c Posts: 13Verified User

I ran into the same issue (diff bike though, FZ09) trying to flash from the AFR monitor, I think it's just some kind of bug.

What I do is, say 'no' to purchase a new license, then make sure to save the file. Compare to the last file you flashed to make sure that everything's the same except for the updated MAP and TPS tables.

Then turn off ignition, restart FTECU, and flash the saved file like a normal flash, it should flash fine.