Support Forum

2018 R1M Snatchy throttle

davemusaphia@btinternet.comdavemusaphia@btinternet.com Posts: 38Verified User

Hi.

Ok, so after a year poking around in a dark room with a blunt stick, any clues?

I bought your software because I was told it was the way to go to cure this but, so far, nada.

Please give me a clue!

I'm running a custom map that Kirk sent me when my first flash broke my bike. We fixed it and got it going but I have never managed to cure this problem and the bike is going soon if I can't.

Bike side harness, auto tune, tries to kill me at every hair pin...

Help!?

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Have you tried to smooth out your ETV Base Maps?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• davemusaphia@btinternet.comdavemusaphia@btinternet.com Posts: 38Verified User

I've done, things, to them yes.

Not sure what but that is the problem.

I would attach the file but your site dosn't seem to allow your own .ftm files..........

Also. Why the need to mess with ETV base maps if running auto tune and saving trims?

Hi,

Active Tune adjusts your fueling TPS vs RPM and MAP vs RPM. It cannot adjust nor would it be safe for anything to automatically be adjusting your throttle.

Thanks,

Jason A.

I've made a few adjustments to the offending PWR1 ETV Base Map 2 to try to even it out.

Weirdly, the VERY gentle PWR2 map looks more aggressive!

See attached and see what you think.

Hi,

Email me your file so I can check it out please.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Sent.

edited June 2020

And again from the email address you might actually be looking for...

Hi,

I got your file.

Please keep in mind it looks like your Gear-Map# Index is set to use Map 1 for first gear, Map 2 for second gear, and Map 3 for third through sixth gear.

PWR1 is definitely the most aggressive overall ETV Map then it gets less and less power the further down you go with your power modes.

What gears are you seeing the throttle twitch being the worst?

Thanks,

Jason A.

edited June 2020

Hi Jason.

It's map 2, second and third that's the worst.

And yes, power 1.

I say map 2 but as you point out, map 2 is second geat and map 3 is third and up. But, maps 2 & 3 are pretty much identical.

What Weirds me out is comparing my pwr1 map2 to my pwr2 map 2.

The pwr2 map is so gentle off of a closed throttle that it's dangerous and yet it actually looks a bit more aggressive in so places!

So. Any pointers on which way to go?

That will be a no then.

Dave,

I made a change to your file and emailed it to you. Try that file, let me know if it seems better or not.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Thanks Jason.

Had a quick flick through and all I can see is a slight increase in TPS/RPM under 24% throttle. Interesting!

I've sent the file but will have to wait for the ride to work in the morning to see the results (had a few beers now)

Will let you know asap.

Dave.

Dave,

Yeah the increase in fuel there I've seen help FZ/MT10s on their initial throttle response. Figured it would work well on this bike. Let me know if it does or not.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason.

There may, just may, be a slight improvement but, it's so small that it's hard to tell.

Thinking about it, any changes there, wouldn't the auto tune just back it off again?

Might try richening that up a bit. What do you think?