Support Forum

ETV map numbers 2017 R1

drz440@live.co.ukdrz440@live.co.uk Posts: 51Verified User

Hi,

ive been spending a lot of time smoothing out my ETV maps, but every time I input some numbers, it all looks lovely, I close the window and then open it again and the program has decided to change a load of numbers. Only ever by 0.14, but they’re not where I want them. Can anyone tell me why? It’s a bit annoying.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

There are certain high, low, and scaling limits. Depending on what number you put in that exact number may not stick due to the limits set in place.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• drz440@live.co.ukdrz440@live.co.uk Posts: 51Verified User

Hi Jason, thanks for the reply.

I did wonder that but it seem strange. I’m using the plus/minus % buttons on the top on the tables, and it’s inputing numbers that seem ok. I’ve had it at times where the numbers that are input are all ok, and they stick. But the problem seems to occur after highlighting and then copying the map.

if you close the map whilst still highlighted, when you go back it’s lowered a lot of them. Then, even if you paste the original back in they change back to the lower numbers immediately when you close the map and reopen it. If you manually change the values however they will stick again. It seems like a possible bug in the software?

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

You would need to tell me exactly what file you are using, what section you are working in, and what numbers you are changing in order for me to try and reproduce your issue.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi,

Yes, so it started out as the unrestricted map for the 2017 R1, EU model. It’s ETV base map 1, for power mode 2. Although it seems to occur in all maps.

i started by setting the 1% column to 100%, from 6,000 rpm onwards, the rest below are at 0. I think the values start at about 1.44 and increase as the rpm increases. From there the values are incrementally increased with throttle increase, by 1-2% at a time. So it is 1.44-1.58-1.72-1.88 for example.

If I then highlight the whole map and copy it to transfer to another base map, and close the window without un-highlighting the selection, the next time I open that base map it will have dropped by 0.14 in a few random cells. So I could end up with 1.29-1.44-1.58-1.72.

Or sometimes it could be 1.44-1.29-1.58 and so on.

Every time you repeat the copy process it lowers them again, and even pasting the map back in won’t prevent it. It needs to be manually input.

I hope this makes sense. I can do a video for you if needs be.

It actually seems to happen any time I copy the table. When I close and re open the map it’s changed.

Any update on this?

Hi, so I noticed you have sorted this issue. Thank you! Unfortunately I’ve noticed that the same thing happens to the map you copy it into. Is this addressable?

thanks again