Support Forum

Check Engine Light mt 07

Good day a few days ago I made flash to the ECU of my MT following the indicated steps and installing the appropriate map according to the # of the ECU and the modifications of my motorcycle. The process was carried out successfully and when I tried it, I felt the change in the configuration of the motor in a positive way. a few days later the Check Engine light came on on the dash. but it does not show any error on the screen and the motorcycle seems to start normally ... and when diagnosing the ECU it does not show any error. (I haven't been able to test it running due to quarantine) Do you think I have something to see the ECU flash with the engine failure light on?

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

What is the part number of your ECU? Most 2017+ Yamaha models are OBDII-compliant, and they do not display error codes on the dash. Some of the later model MT-07 files have the Diagnostic Code Manager (in ECU Settings) that will allow you to determine what is causing the CEL. You will have to read the file currently in the ECU in order to use the Diagnostic Code Manager for this. If your file doesn't have that feature, it's likely that you will need a OBDII scanner and our OBDII Diagnostic Adapter Harness (https://ftecu.com/shop/obdii-diagnostic-adapter-harness/) in order to view error codes.

• B34-8591A-00

• the part number of your ECU is B34-8591A-00 ... from reading the ECU can I determine what is causing the error? With the current situation, it is somewhat complicated to acquire your OBDII diagnostic adapter harness considering that I live in Colombia and the shipment of items from abroad is almost paralyzed. so if there is any way to know or eliminate the error I would be grateful if you share it.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

There are two different B34-00 files we have. Did you try both files to see? If not try flashing each file and ride the bike around to see if the code clears please.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• randommen96shop@gmail.comrandommen96shop@gmail.com Posts: 30Verified User

@jason@ftecu.com How are we supposed to find out which of the two files we need?

Asking because my friend has that ECU and I don't want to mess it up.

Hi,

What region is the ECU you are trying to flash?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• What difference are there between ECUs B34-8591A-00 (US) and B34-8591A-00 (PHL) AND How do I know which one is suitable for my motorcycle?

Hi,

What region is the ECU you are trying to flash? Where are you located?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• asesoriayproyectos17@gmail.comasesoriayproyectos17@gmail.com Posts: 19Verified User

Colombia