Support Forum

2017 R6 Shift Sensor: Failure 6 Months After Purchase

Hello,

Purchased and installed my QS/Blipper in February and had full perfect functionality on the dyno and the track. At my last race I experienced issues with intermittent shift functionality (both directions). Eventually the upshift functionality was completely gone and the downshift required a significant amount of force almost as if it was not working either.

I tested the sensor for resistance in both directions when I got home and found that one direction had no continuity and the other direction barley had continuity when using a significant amount of force. Eventually it got to a point where neither direction had any continuity.

Comparing it to other sensors that we had in the shop, the free spinning end of the sensor seemed to rotate much easier than others and had a decent amount of play in it.

What is the life expectancy on your sensors? It seems to be a switch type sensor rather than a true strain gauge, correct? Can a strain gauge type sensor be used with the FTECU system if I can change out the connectors with those from my bad sensor? My hope is that a strain gauge sensor will be less prone to mechanical failure than a switch type sensor.

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Please send your sensor back to us and we will send you out a replacement. Leave a note in the box with your information and return address. Send to: FTECU Inc 1010 N Batavia St STE J Orange, CA 92867

The sensor is a switch type and only the switch type sensors work with our software.

Thanks,

Jason A.