Support Forum

Throttle INJ Decel Cut Question

tonyc1334@gmail.comtonyc1334@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

Personally I like the engine breaking so I will probably leave it FALSE. However, for kicks I wanted to try it out and I set it to TRUE. Maybe my expectations are overzealous but I could not notice any difference. Should this effect be dramatic? I re-flashed multiple times, went back and forth, and it feels the same. If anything I get more backfiring and popping with the feature set to TRUE.

I'm running the Unrestricted map with the Akra/DNA PCV table applied. I have the DNA stage 2 and M4 exhaust.

Power-wise the difference is also very subtle. Maybe I'm over compensating for the placebo effect, or my expectations were too high, but this whole experience hasn't changed the bike much, in my opinion. Still feels largely the same with the stock flash, and still pops on decel. So I can't help but wonder if I'm doing something wrong?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

-Tony

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Injector Decel Cut has no effect on engine braking. It only affects off-throttle response.

Your PCV map likely isn't tuned correctly for your application.

• tonyc1334@gmail.comtonyc1334@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

Can you expand on that a little? As I understood it, The decel cut is supposed to alleviate the lerch coming on and off 0% throttle and also reduce engine breaking.

There is no PCV map for M4 w/ DNA. I've read the Akra w/ DNA is a close enough match. Does anyone have any recommendations to try with the M4?

Thanks.

• dhungubc@gmail.comdhungubc@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

Tony,

I also didn't feel any difference between enabling and disabling injector decel cut on my XSR700 this past weekend. My next step is to start playing around with the TPS vs RPM table.

• tonyc1334@gmail.comtonyc1334@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

So, update on this. I ended up contacting 2 Wheel DynoWorks and I purchased a tune from them that was specific to my setup (M4 no baffle w/ DNA intake).

It made a HUGE difference. NIGHT AND DAY. No other combination of stock/unrestricted with/without a PCV table import came even close to the smoothness and performance of a tailored tune for the set up I have. I have zero popping/backfiring on decel, the injector cut does have a noticeable effect now, and the throttle response is much smoother.

Just my opinion here, but the kit is a shot in the dark without a tailored tune file made for your setup, and the PCV import does more harm than good.

• dhungubc@gmail.comdhungubc@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

Tony,

Did 2WDW send you a file or did you have to send them your ECU?