Support Forum

2018 Yamaha r6 autoblip/QS

rpachec10@gmail.comrpachec10@gmail.com Posts: 21Verified User

Hi I have a 2018 yamaha r6 and installed the autoblip/QS. It was working both ways. it works well up shifting but the autoblip works every now and down. It seems like it works well sometimes. any help in trouble shooting it would be appreciate it.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Generally with the shifters it's a problem of working or not working. The shift sensor itself is just a pressure switch basically like an on/off switch. The circuit is normally open (NO) and when activated it closes the circuit allowing a shift to take place.

For autoblip to function properly you need to be completely off the throttle and above 4000rpm.

Make sure your green wire pinned back to the ECU is fully inserted and making good contact since that is your autoblip signal wire.

Also make sure your shift linkages are at 90 degrees to ensure you have the most amount of leverage.

You can also try doing a shift sensor continuity test to see if one side of the sensor has failed.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• jose-m-gjose-m-g Posts: 2Verified User

2017 R6 BMC Race filter, Graves Velocity stacks, Graves Block off, Akra headers w/GP slipon, servo eliminator, IRC QS/Auto Blipper.

Will the Graves works 3 full system OEM VStacks map in the FTECU suite work with what is on the bike?

Should I change the "enable the QSS Input" to "false" and the "Disable QSS min speed" to "false" to allow the IRC standalone system to take care of the QS/Auto Blipper settings?

Thank you for your time.

Jose

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

I have no knowledge of this IRC system so you may have to play around with the settings.

You can try the Graves map first and if that doesn't work well try going to the Unrestricted file. In the Unrestricted file you will be able to change any of the ECU Mapping parameters.

Thanks,

Jason A.