Support Forum

Unauthorized access error

jfouch@live.comjfouch@live.com Posts: 9Verified User

been trying for 4 days. I get to this point and get this message! Yamaha 2017 R1. I get this code every time, I’ve re downloaded 10 times, checked everything on internet and computer side I don’t know how many times! I’m hard wired in, bike side. At a total loss, and pretty frustrated at this point. Any help would be great.

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

What is your ECU part number, and what is the part number of file you're trying to flash?

• jfouch@live.comjfouch@live.com Posts: 9Verified User

My license # 7B8F8B41

I have attempted to do 2 files, both give same result.

license # is 7B8F8B41

file - BX4-8591A-10US (unrestricted)

file - BX4-8591A-10US (stock)

What is your ECU part number? You need to check the sticker on top of the ECU.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

In the first message I can't see the error message you are getting. Is it the "Unauthorized access error message"?

I see you are bike side flashing. Please run a test for me: https://forum.ftecu.com/discussion/319/attention-hardware-test-for-6-pin-bike-side-harness-that-will-often-solve-your-issues#latest

Thanks,

Jason A.

Okay I have completed This test, I actually performed this test of the wires when I finished wiring in the bike side harness, but I just did it again and everything passes. I’ve been an electrician and and avionics technician on aircraft for over 20 yrs, but we all make mistakes, so I’ve triple checked my work and all is square.

yes the message is "unauthorized access error. Please try again or else contact support." everything seems to be going along well, takes about 6minutes when it is looking at Ram, then when it goes to uploading, I get the green bar scrolling and then the "unauthorized" message.

Did you do any modifications to the files that you were attempting to flash?

No. I have not changed anything, just selected one of the 2 files, restricted or unrestricted. I do not know, or care to know how to modify these, I will leave that to the experts.

• drz440@live.co.ukdrz440@live.co.uk Posts: 51Verified User

Hi,

I get this when I’m using my phone as a hotspot to try and flash. It seems to be due to a shaky internet connection. Are you using a hotspot? If so try it on a WiFi connection.

No I’m hard wired, ran cat 6 to laptop on bike, internet connection good, striped all security and firewalls off last night, and shut everything else that could have been running in back ground. Reloaded FTECU program and drivers. Only questionable thing I can think of is the laptop I’m using, it’s an ASUS, and seems slow. I borrowed it, all of my stuff is MACBOOK. I don’t know much about ASUS, so I might run out today and grab a Microsoft surface pro.

Hi,

My laptop is slow too, it takes between 4-6mins to analyse ECU ram. But once it’s done that the flash process all works perfectly, but obviously I can’t guarantee that yours would.

I have seen videos where computers manage the analysis in seconds though, so I think our laptops may well be a little on the slow side!

Keep us updated if you have any luck

Yeah it takes around 6-8 minutes for the analyzing of RAM. I’m going to mess with it a little more, maybe I’m missing a step or doing something out of sequence. thanks to Covid19, and stimulus checks, I can’t find a decent laptop within 100miles👍🏼

So I’ve literally just had the exact same issue as you.

I then tried it on my girlfriends work laptop which is brand new at the start of this year. The analysing stage took 45 seconds instead of 6mins and the whole flashing process completed in less than 3 mins.

I think we both need new laptops!

I think your right, I hooked up OBD2 scanner just to make sure I didn’t have any faults that might be holding me back, cause I don’t feel like it is connecting or my ECU. Keeps asking to marry it every time, but truly was the same. Maybe I should select “no” when it asks me try and assign license

• g.antoninho@hotmail.comg.antoninho@hotmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

Try with lan cable

• david.lieske1981@gmail.comdavid.lieske1981@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

I am having the same message error. Driving me crazy. Someone please help

• bell_boy@hotmail.combell_boy@hotmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

I've had that issue numerous times as well. Make sure your harness is connected firmly if your using the bike side harness. That blue seal sometimes prevents it from seating all the way on the USB cable. I got a newer computer and have far fewer issues with Autotune and flashes in general. Make sure you have a solid internet connection if it drop packets it'll throw a random error.

• I too have been getting this error with my 2017 R1 - it will go through the whole flash init process but then hang at the end as its uploading and give the error. Tried on several different WIFI connections and verified that the map is the right one for the ecu.

It seems to be communicating with the ecu fine... takes about 5min or so to check the ecu RAM..... so it's slow, but it gets through it, loads maps, FT modules, etc...... just hangs at the end.

The laptop I'm using is a crusty old core2 machine (over 10 years old)..... would a more modern laptop make the difference?

I'm a Mac guy for most of my stuff, but keep the old PC for the few PC-only things I have to do.... perhaps it's time to upgrade that.

Any ideas?

t

Trevor Sadler

Sportbike Track Time

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

The computer is most likely your issue here. If the computer is too slow it doesn't report back to our server within the amount of time allotted so it will time out and fail at the end of the write every time. I've heard of success flashing the bike with a dual boot system on a Mac before. You can try that or I would suggest getting a newer laptop. Doesn't have to be anything crazy expensive.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Thank you Jason!!!!!!

best,

t

Trevor Sadler

Sportbike Track Time