Support Forum

Active tune very hard to get it working

gvpajkar@gmail.comgvpajkar@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User
edited June 2020 in ActiveTune AFR Kits

Hi,

I must say that using the Active tune in Live Correction Mode = DISABLED is very hard.

Basically if I try to use the SW to just build a base map with Active tune it is near impossible. If I put the Live Correction Mode = ENABLE then it works like a charm.

Is this something that you do not want us as customers to be able to do, run the Active tune with out live correction mode on?

Every time I try to do this I get an error saying that it is not activated.

Procedure I do:

1. Connect the ECU to my computer with FTECU SW
  2. Flash the file I want to run with active tune activated and set property Live Correction Mode = DISABLED (this is something that I have figured out that you have to do to have a chance to maybe geting it working, it is the same file I have in the bike already, meaning no flash is necessary because it is the same file I have in the ECU I'm flashing)
  3. Then ignition OFF then ON start engine out for a ride then (not turning off the ignition) try to connect to the bike and see if the AFR Monitor works so that I can download the correction data. 9,9 times of 10 it do not work. Meaning the drive I just did was wast of time...

It is on a Yamaha R1 2018 if that is important.

To answer the question why not running the Live Correction Mode = ENABLE and skip what I'm trying to achieve is that I do not want to run the bike with the lambda in. I want to create my self a good map and then remove the lambda.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong and the procedure is wrong. Please explain how to do it in that case, it is getting frustrating to not be able to do a base map like this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• gvpajkar@gmail.comgvpajkar@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User
  • bell_boy@hotmail.combell_boy@hotmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

I get the same error often on my 16 R1. If not that one I get unauthorized user or failed checking FWE when trying to flash in the Autotune trims. My success rate is around 30% in getting a flash to take. Very frustrating when your at a track day and the battery dies from trying. There’s definitely some bugs that need worked out in the hardware and software.