Support Forum

yxz turbo

Hi, I have a 2016 yamaha yxz with a turbo kit I put together. I am currently running FTecu for timing and PCV pti for tuning. I was wondering if it was possible to tune via PRESSURE with the ftecu?

Comments

• kwalterb@yahoo.comkwalterb@yahoo.com Posts: 4Verified User

I am currently working on the same thing but have run into an issue with the license. ? Hopefully I will have a working FTECU tune shortly. I adapted a GM Bosch 3 bar map sensor and it initially works but I need to pull fuel on the MAP side around idle and I can no longer connect to the ECU; it says I need a new license. I am not happy but hopefully this week I can get FTECU on the horn for a fix. If you don't already know the factory MAP sensor is a 1 Bar unit meant for NA. You need a 2 Bar for 14.7 PSI boost, a 3 Bar for 29.5 and so on. Our atmosphere is basically applying 1 Bar of pressure all the time (changes with weather, elevation, etc.) The different sensors all operate in the same voltage range so the fuel map must be drastically changed for each level of sensitivity. The tune for a 1 Bar constitutes the first 33% of a 3 Bar tune (basically but not exactly). From what I have read FTECU has a turbo tune but it is locked like the Graves tune so I have no interest.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Your license is in "attempted" state due to a problem during the flash process. We can reset it but I want to make sure that you have your current file saved somewhere because when the license is reset, any tune file in the ECU is lost.

• kwalterb@yahoo.comkwalterb@yahoo.com Posts: 4Verified User

Thank you. I was able to quickly sort out the problem with my license and I am back up and running. Any advice on getting the car to start easy AND idle correctly on a 3 Bar MAP sensor tune. Mid range and Top end are great but I seem to be having difficulties getting the right fuel at idle. Is there a way to adjust the IAC? It seems that when vacuum reaches -9- -10 in/hg it planes out around 1400 RPM's and idles smooth before that it tries to dip down to 1000 RPM's and leans out and chokes about -4 in/hg.? It ran great before changing the sensor though. I have Sidewinder injectors, Walbro fuel pump and Sidewinder Fuel pressure regulator with return line. Is this something to do with the other MAP sensor on the #1 cylinder?

• yasminbarraza@hotmail.comyasminbarraza@hotmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

Hey there I’m getting ready to jump to tuning my turbo yxz. I have a 3 bar map sensor installed. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I have 1000 cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, raising rate fuel pressure regulator with return line. To my understanding, the idle is set in the map vs rpm fuel tables and then it transitions to tps vs rpm for fueling when off idle? Just trying to understand.

• jtingram@msn.comjtingram@msn.com Posts: 39Verified User

What did you guys figure out? Were you guys able to get a good tune done?

• New to forum but I’ve owned software for about two years now.

I own a 17 3 pedal gytr turbo machine started out stock now I have built engine every thing is working great at 15psi but the last time I adjusted my map for better AFRs at 99 % tune load it froze and now when I plug it in it tells me ecu err

took me a while to figure out all this tuning as I did everything myself And I am not computer savvy.... but now I’m stumped

any help much appreciated

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

It looks like you got your ECU flashed today no problem. Are you still having issues?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Is there any way to adjust the injector data? Is it included in the "turbo file"? I just upgraded to 1600cc injectors on e85 and think it would help. Previously I was running 1150cc injectors with most the tuning via PCV pti with the help of my tuner. Also, is there a replacement 3bar map sensor that ties into the stock ECU? Would be nice if I could tune via FTecu instead of the PCV piggy back

• hastingstirellc@gmail.comhastingstirellc@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

Call alba and order a 3bar map sensor from them, it is meant to work with this software/tuning. Reckless Ranch is currently playing with a 2step style tuning in 1st gear so you can leave on boost. Currently leaving on 10psi with a 15-17psi system. This software is endless if you know what you are doing.