Support Forum

Vmx1700

randychopp@comcast.netrandychopp@comcast.net Posts: 2Verified User

I've noticed there are not many downloadable maps for the Gen 2 VMax.

I'm enjoying the unrestricted one so far, but I'd like to know how to get the low end to be less difficult to deal with.

When traveling at slow speeds the throttle is so jumpy and hard to cruise along with traffic its annoying.

Can't always go "Balls to the Wall", but the Beast does that very very well with the re-flash.

Many Vmaxers swear by the Guru-ed Gear flash done by Tim Nash, but not many have tried the FTECU product.

I wish someone could upload a copy of one the files Nash flashed to their ECU, to try out.

It would be awesome if Nash would sell file and not just ask folks to send him their ECU.

I'd send my ECU to Nash myself, but I want to be able to change things, thats why I bought the FTECU product.

This is my first fuel injected bike, so the learning curve from carburetor to EFI is quite the challenge for me.

Anyone have any file suggestions to try?

Thanks All and Stay Safe!

😀

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

I have no idea who this Tim Nash guy is so I can't accurately speak to his product. You can always ask him if he'd sell you a map but I'm not sure if he uses our software.

For our files you have the ability to upload a Power Commander fueling map to help tune your fueling. If you want you can also adjust it manually. Adjusting your MAP vs RPM section may help you out with that problem. You can try smoothing out your ETV BaseMaps as well. Also make sure your Injector Decel Cut is set to be Disabled.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• randychopp@comcast.netrandychopp@comcast.net Posts: 2Verified User

Thanks for the reply,

How do I upload a Power Commander fuel map?

Thought that was a dyno-tune product?

I already have the Decel disabled.

I'll try  Adjusting MAP vs RPM section and smoothing out ETV BaseMaps as well like you suggested.

Hi,

There should be an option in your file called PC Fuel Import. You can upload your Power Commander fueling map there.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• jtingram@msn.comjtingram@msn.com Posts: 39Verified User

The twitchy throttle is controlled by the etv settings. Lower numbers is smoother.

• denis_kefallinos@hotmail.comdenis_kefallinos@hotmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

What does ETV mean?

Thanks,

Denis

Hi,

ETV means Electronic Throttle Valve.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• denis_kefallinos@hotmail.comdenis_kefallinos@hotmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

Now I feel like I should have known that. Thank you

Thanks,

Denis