Support Forum

Rev limiter after flashing the Unrestricted file

I flashed the unrestricted file with a PCV fuel map and now the bike will not reach the rev limiter it stops at 7,5k - 8,0k.

Is this normal or is there something wrong?

When i flash the stock file the bike reaches the rev limiter just fine. It's not a problem since there is no point in going past 8k RPM but i still would like to know the reason behind it.

Tagged:

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

If you flash it with the Unrestricted and nothing changed does it still do it? As in do not apply a PC fuel map or make any other changes. Please make sure you are flashing the ECU with a matching part number file as well.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• jaroslav.sapoznikov@gmail.comjaroslav.sapoznikov@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User

Yes the same thing happens even if i flash the default unrestricted file with no changes.

And yes i'm flashing the file with my ECU part number.

Also when it reaches this low rev limit it does not just stay there it feels like the bike dies for a second until the rpm drops then it revs up again and dies again and so on.

I think just for testing purposes try to copy just the fuel tables from the unrestricted file to the stock file and see if the rpm problem will appear again or you would not recommend that?

• znelwsn@gmail.comznelwsn@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

The same thing is happening to my 2019 gsxs1000 flashed the unrestricted file and it wont let me past 7000rpm

• jaroslav.sapoznikov@gmail.comjaroslav.sapoznikov@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User
    edited May 2020

I did not find any kind of reason or solution to this so i'm going back to the stock map with added PowerCommander fuel table

edited May 2020

Some update on the unrestricted rev limiter - it just fixed itself for no apparent reason, i went on a highway yesterday and the bike reved up to 10k RPM with no problem in every gear.

Either the bike has a mind of it's own or it's haunted 😅