Support Forum

2015 Yamaha R1M Activetune problem "awaiting lambda controller"

I've been running Active Tune successfully for a couple of years and about 2000 miles. This spring, it was working the first 3 rides but now I see that the wideband is "stuck" at 10.2 as viewed on the Device/View Data screen while the bike is idling. I checked and re-checked all connections, removed the O2 sensor and did the nitrogen and butane tests - no difference - the reading of 10.2 doesn't budge.

So I figured the O2 sensor must be toast and bought a new one for $131.99. No difference at all. I've also noted that the O2 sensor doesn't warm up. Considering the number of wires coming out of the sensor, I assumed it had a heater. Hopefully it's something simple but I need some help. I couldn't find where a help ticket could be opened.

Looking forward to some help. Thanks in-advance.

2015 Yamaha R1M with full Graves exhaust, Attack Performance rearsets and FTECU unrestricted flash with Active Tune. But what makes it really fast is the tank cover autographed by Rossi and Lorenzo and the tailpiece by Vinales!

Comments

• wrauch@karlabs.comwrauch@karlabs.com Posts: 3Verified User

Update: I called FTECU and they suggested I send my wideband controller to them for testing.

2015 Yamaha R1M with full Graves exhaust, Attack Performance rearsets and FTECU unrestricted flash with Active Tune. But what makes it really fast is the tank cover autographed by Rossi and Lorenzo and the tailpiece by Vinales!