Support Forum

RESTORE FACTORY MAP AND CONFIGURATION

Is it possible to go back to the original engine map settings and other settings of the bike once flaSH has been done to the ECU?

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

The Stock ECU Images in the Tuning Suite are the exact same engine settings as the original. However, remember that flashing an ECU changes many of the internal files, so it will not be exactly in the "factory out of the box" configuration.

• jaroslav.sapoznikov@gmail.comjaroslav.sapoznikov@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User

i have a similar question about returning to stock, i went to a Yamaha dealership to convert from 35kw to a 55kw and their software was showing an error that some kind of file was missing and it could not complete the conversion.

I will try to flash the stock image provided and try again but i'm afraid it also will not work because as you said "flashing an ECU changes many of the internal files, so it will not be exactly in the "factory out of the box" configuration"

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Most of the time the dealer can still communicate to the ECU after flashed back to stock, however our licensing is still in there so for your purpose it may not work.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• jaroslav.sapoznikov@gmail.comjaroslav.sapoznikov@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User

It does connect and it can see everything but it cannot flash it to 55kw, only at that point it shows an error that some kind of file is missing. I hope they will be able to restore my ECU to the OEM status if not my only option will be to buy a new ECU and that is not a thing i want to do.

You should really get in contact with Yamaha or look into this yourselves and try to figure this thing out or at least give a warning that this could happen. I assume this problem only affects models after 2018 since as i know only after that year they started adding software restrictions.