Support Forum

How/can you datalog? Whats the tuning process?

matt_ariel@comcast.netmatt_ariel@comcast.net Posts: 6Verified User
edited April 2020 in FZ / MT 07

I have a 2018 MT-07 with FTECU installed. I tune my car, a mazdaspeed. The process is I make an adjustment, then do a WOT and record a log. Im able to look at knock, look at my AFRs, and determine what I want to adjust. For example, I advance timing by two degrees, I see minor knock starting to occur, so I dial it back 1 degree, and now see no knock.

Can this be done with a bike? how do you know if you're advancing timing too far? I understand the activetune kit will handle my fueling, but is there any way of adjusting and testing when you advance timing? Are professionals just advancing timing and doing a WOT pull on a dyno until they hit a HP number they think is safe? If someone could provide some insight on taking my hobbyist car tuning knowledge and how I need to setup my bike to do the same. I don't want to blindly advance engine timing without being able to log and see how the bike is responding, if that's even possible on a motorcycle.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

No looking at knock here, you will need to adjust ignitinon timing based off horsepower for the most part.

Generally you would use a dyno software to log rpm and AFR then tune with our software from the dyno reading you get.

Thanks,

Jason A.