Support Forum

FTECU features/ questions for R3/25

Jasonsarmiento520@gmail.comJasonsarmiento520@gmail.com Posts: 9Verified User

Hello! Due to military commitments, I haven’t been home n a while I haven’t messed around with FTECU in a while. I have a few questions:

The bike in question is a 2017 Yamaha R3, abs version, purchased in Japan. I also have an R25 ECU because I owned that bike previously but moved back to an R3.

Is the PC fuel import a new feature? I don’t recall seeing it when I was home and messing around with the FtECU. After messing around with FTECU and the various maps available, I decided to revert back to the stock map and purchase a PCV since there was a map tuned to the exact same exhaust and filter that I use. I’ve scoured this forum and it seems some folks were having issues with using the PC fuel import function. I’ve personally never seen it, but could have just missed it, or perhaps a new version of the software added it?

Currently running the FTeCU flashed ECU, as well as a PCV. Obviously I would roger run just a flashed ECU, but until I can get that map copied over, I’ll have to keep my current set up. With the PCV in place, should I have the “stock O2” box checked or unchecked?

Can someone refresh me on the immobilizer and the Inj decel cut functions do? Am I wrong to say the inj decel cut is what reduces engine braking? If so, is it adjustable?

I do know messing around in the software can answer a lot of my questions but as mentioned, I’m away from home due to military commitments at the moment but want to be able to mess around and have some knowledge before I get home . Thanks kind advance for the help!

Comments