Support Forum

Unable start or download software

stigma@xmsnet.nlstigma@xmsnet.nl Posts: 15Verified User

This is anoying. 20% of the time i want to make small tweaks to my tune, the server is down, which means i cannot start the software. There is also no option to start a download from the webpage because .... server down. There really needs to be some sort of fall back system for this software to work offline, this is super frustrating. Where on the FTecu webpage is there a "server status" check? I was fumlbing around, trying to troubleshoot my connection on the laptop but, as it turned out, server down .... i wanted to test settings on my QS and now i lost a day (EST + 1 timezone). Looking forward to your constructive reply.

Comments

• nordicmotortuning@gmail.comnordicmotortuning@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

Server is down and I need to do a job on a bike, how can we solve this problem?

• chrisgardellchrisgardell Posts: 48Staff User

our appologies, we have been updating our web-facing infrastructure for the last several hours. The server facing the software is the last step and should be up shortly.

• stigma@xmsnet.nlstigma@xmsnet.nl Posts: 15Verified User

I asked for a constructive reply on how we can help ourselves in the future. Not why the server is down.

We can see it's down..

• dru_da_name@Yahoo.comdru_da_name@Yahoo.com Posts: 1Verified User

any updates?

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Hopefully I can help you with a constructive reply.

In the future we should never have a server migration this time consuming.

An email notification will be prepared notifying users of any future scheduled maintenance.

I can understand your frustration, but for the time being we cannot have a software that operates offline. In the future we plan on working to develop an offline version of the software.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

The server is back up finally after numerous checks. You may have to close and log back in to get the server updates, but files are now accessible. Thanks for your patience.

• AirmanJ74@gmail.comAirmanJ74@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User

I am still unable to start software. After double-clicking FTECU icon, it runs thru its normal procedure, however, the application does not appear. The FTECU process is running in the background, but it never opens on the desktop.

I concur with the other forum member that having no backup solution in-place such as offline use is not a good business model and needs to be improved.

Please advise...

• AirmanJ74@gmail.comAirmanJ74@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User

Follow-up, for anyone that's unable to start the software do the following:

• Uninstall FTECU software from your system
    • Reboot computer
    • Download and reinstall FTECU program and it should work.

This was my fix.

Cheers.

• crmotocrosskid@gmail.comcrmotocrosskid@gmail.com Posts: 12Verified User

It's 02:00pm here now. I am not in the position to test the software yet, however the download section is back online so that means the back-end should be available again.

Also, what i have seen is that the current version and the revision history on the webpage are not i sync. The current version is higher and is not mentioned on the page.

Edit:

The software is accessible again.!

Have found a bug!

If you press on extended:"warmup idle" and use the cursor to go up in the list, all values will show as "false".

When you click on one of the values directly, it will show as the correct value (true when it set as "true")

• yahav92@hotmail.comyahav92@hotmail.com Posts: 16Verified User

HEY

ive got same probem i did this

• Uninstall FTECU software from your system
    • Reboot computer
    • Download and reinstall FTECU program and it should work.

it runs thru its normal procedure, however, the application does not appear. The FTECU process is running in the background, but it never opens on the desktop.

please help me here

Thank you

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Try the reboot again and see if that solves it.

• yahav92@hotmail.comyahav92@hotmail.com Posts: 16Verified User

yes all work now

Thank you

• wcs5683@gmail.comwcs5683@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

I freakin hope so. Maybe respond to my trouble ticket also.

• aries49@live.comaries49@live.com Posts: 1Verified User

I have uninstalled/reinstalled rebooted and rebooted, software never starts. How do I get this software to start?

• sales@gpbikestore.comsales@gpbikestore.com Posts: 12Verified User

We had to uninstall and reinstall 2 times to get it to work. Finally got it working. Went to flash a bike and had to do it 3 times to get it to complete.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

The support ticket system has been inaccessible by us for months. Which is part of the reason why we switched over to a forum. If you have a problem please call us, email us, or start a new topic under the correct category so we can assist you.

Thanks,

Jason A.