Support Forum

Two licenses purchased for same bike, cant use map from another year that I own a license to.

arminlessani@yahoo.comarminlessani@yahoo.com Posts: 11Verified User

When i first flashed my ECU on my 2019 ZX-10R I used the 3d party map for the graves cat eliminator exhaust 2016-2017 (Still sold as working with the 2019) A few days later I purchased another license for the 2019 unrestricted map so I could attempt to create a map myself. Now when I try to use the graves map again it says invalid license, and wants me to purchase another.

Tagged:

Comments

• icy0069@hotmail.comicy0069@hotmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

You should not have to purchase another license  to run a different map , it should be for the ecu, and you should be able to flash as many times as u wish . I am experiencing the same problem , it shows my license but not recognizing it when I try to write to ecu , its getting pretty frustrating . you think they would hire a tech person to give support 24/7 .  

• arminlessani@yahoo.comarminlessani@yahoo.com Posts: 11Verified User

I completely agree. I get that they don't want people to flash ECUs for free, but this is literally the same ECU just the Graves map hasn't been updated to say "2016-2019" It currently says 2016-2017 on the FT-ECU software. I really shouldn't have had to buy a new map for the 2019 when it was for the same exact bike. I own both licenses 2016-2018 and 2019 maps

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

You are getting that error message because of the different files you are flashing. When your ECU was first flashed with the 2016-2017 file, it assumed it was a 2016-2017 ZX10 ECU. Then when it was flashed with the 2019 file, it thinks you are flashing a new ECU which is why you would have been prompted to purchase a new license. Different ECUs have different internal part numbers which we use to match files with.

For example, if you have a flashed 2016 ZX10 with a matching part number file in it. Then you try to flash it with a 2019 file, the software will recognize a new part number different then what’s in it now. Then it asks you to purchase a license. The software can’t detect the exact ECU it is trying to flash until the flashing process starts. The flashing process cannot start without a license as well.

This is why we always recommend flashing with a file matching the ECU part number. This protects the bike and owner from any possible harm and avoids any license recognition issues.

Thanks ,

Jason A.