Support Forum

Z900 flashing questions...

I mailed in my Z900 ecu so FTECU could upload the bin file for a 1245 ecu... first question, how long before I get it shipped back once its arrived (I live in Australia)????

My other question is with regards to flashing, can the unrestricted flash be used for a full system exhaust without a PCV map and if I use a PCV map should I use it on the unrestricted file or the stock ecu file???? As I noticed with the unrestricted it has different ignition timing as well as map and tps changes, would I need to change the ignition timing to match the unrestricted file on the stock file along with the PCV map??? In other words does uploading the PCV map adjust in accordance with the stock mapping??? (i.e. doesn't stack onto the unrestricted files changes)

So sorry for all the questions,

Much appreciated, Josh.

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Once we receive your ECU, it should only take a day to download the files, and then it will be sent out back to you. South Africa will probably take about a week for delivery to you.

If you have a full exhaust system, the unrestricted file would be best. If you are uploading the PCV map using the PC map feature, do not make any changes to any other maps. Uploading the PCV map basically changes the TPS vs RPM map to the parameters you had set in the PCV.