Support Forum

Yamaha R6 2017 with YEC harness

marc.wagner89@gmail.commarc.wagner89@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

Hello.

I would like to use BN6-8591A-00 (EU) ECU in combination with the YEC racing loom and got some questions.

First question: Will the auto-blipper work and require same wiring as oem harness?

Second question: Do I need to use "US harness config" or EU?

Third question: Is it possible to use and connect the auto-tune function with YEC loom?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

We have never tested this before, so giving you specifics on a harness we do not make is not entirely possible.

First off, if you are going to attempt having this harness work you should try flashing your ECU with a US file with US Harness Config set to TRUE.

If that doesn't work you need to purchase our Race Team file or get a YEC ECU for that harness to function correctly with your bike.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• marc.wagner89@gmail.commarc.wagner89@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

Thank you Jason.

We already got the YEC ECU but wanted to use a flashed oem ECU as YEC does not support Blipper at the moment. Do you consider making a base data for the YEC ECU to be able to add your blipper programming?

best regards.

Hi,

We do not currently have any plans to make a file to flash the YEC ECU.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• marc.wagner89@gmail.commarc.wagner89@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

Dear Jason. I wrote the BN6-8591A-10 (US File) onto our BN6-8591A-00 ECU and set US harness config to true.

Unfortunately the bike wont start. Can you give any more advice on how we can get that to work? If your race team package will work in combination with YEC loom, it should be easy for you to tell which configuration I need to adjust.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

Like I said earlier I can't tell you how to get the US file in an EU ECU working with a YEC harness since it has not been tested here before. I do know for a fact that our Race Team file for the R6 works with the YEC harness. I would suggest either getting that or running the YEC ECU.

Thanks,

Jason A.