Support Forum

Cannot change Engine Braking rpm axis

thom.godward@gmail.comthom.godward@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

GSXR1000

17k82 ECU map

Engine braking maps only go up to 9600rpm and I would like to change these to cover the full rpm range. When I double click and change the value, it gets reset back to the default values when I open the map back up. I tried linking all the EB maps and then changing the axis, but it still will reset after I open the map.

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

The Engine Braking maps are only adjustable using the + or - buttons (and their adjustment is better accomplished using the % rather than numeral change), and their adjustment is limited for safety reasons. For full rpm range engine braking, you need to adjust the ETV base maps, but this is much more complicated, and not recommended until you fully understand the ramifications of mods on these maps. I'll wait for Jason to explain in detail how this is accomplished.

• thom.godward@gmail.comthom.godward@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

I would prefer to use the ETV base maps, but these are also limited to a small value (0.93) which is not acceptable for race purposes. With the R1, I was able to adjust these values much higher.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

I am looking into lifting some limits set in there for you, or allowing RPM axis changes under the Engine Braking tables. Please give me some time to look this over.

Thanks,

Jason A.