Support Forum

Live Data

GRDMotor1@aol.comGRDMotor1@aol.com Posts: 2Verified User

Hello, I am brand new to the Flash Tune product but not brand new to ECU flashing and just took delivery of my interface cable and bike side harness for 2016-2019 ZX10 Kawasaki, All of the engines that I build and tune here are for racecar use and I use and engine dyno for all of my testing, I have not installed the bike side harness on to the bike harness yet but I have registered the interface on to the computer that I will be doing my tuning on, My question is does the software have an active live data screen or does the cell on the table highlight when the engine is running? so I can see exactly on the map exactly where I am at. I cant seem to find any information on this topic.

Thanks for any help

George

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

The only way you can do "live" tuning with the engine running is with our Active Tune setup (and even then, the software does the tuning, you can view the trim tables after running and add them to the file memory). Any reading of or writing to an ECU requires it to be in a read/write status, which means turning the power on and off in sequence. Thus, the engine cannot be running when reading or writing files into the ECU. Your dyno graphs should be able to tell you where to make changes in the powerband.

• GRDMotor1@aol.comGRDMotor1@aol.com Posts: 2Verified User

Thanks for the quick reply, I am not so worried about "live" tuning as I am needing to know where I am on the map, I need to know exact throttle position so I can hit the right row of numbers to properly tune the engine, I can probably come up with something that will get me close enough, I realized that I wasnt going to be able to run the engine with the interface attached to the engine after seeing a you tube video last night, Oh well, I am at least hoping that by disabling the wheel speed sensors and the traction control limp home mode I will be able to get the engine running at 100% with a simplified harness for racecar use, Any thoughts?

Thanks

George