Support Forum

MT09 AIS Control

I have 2020 MT09 and don't see any fields for AIS control in the FTECU software.

Is there a way to control the solenoid for different modes of riding (A, STD, B)?

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Turning off the AIS would be disbaling code P1400 in the Diagnostic Code Manager then installing block off plates on your motorcycle.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Thanks - yes, I knew that but seems a little heavy handed. It is clear ECU has control of the valve - why not available in the software as an option to control?

Thx.

Hi,

Why would you want to control it unless you are using the 5v signal for some type of auxiliary device?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Hi Jason, I would like to turn backfiring off by a mode of operation (A,B,STD) when conditions warrant it.

I've seen snapshots of other bikes FTECU software out there (ie R1) and I could have sworn there was "Air valve" or similar available in the menu. Other tuners also report ability to "enable/disable" AIS on MT-09 without removing the valve it self; I don't know what software they are using though.

Obviously this is all for vanity - nothing functional here ;-).

Hi,

The only thing I'm aware of making where we give you the ability to control the 5v signal coming from the AIS pin would be in our YXZ1000 Turbo file. You can create an AIS powered Boost Controller but making that was extremely complex and won't be done again anytime soon. That's also not a feature we are looking to add onto any of our flashable Sportbikes at this time. For now it's just the ability to enable or disable it.

Thanks,

Jason A.