Support Forum

Server API error after moving to new Laptop

• Getting following errors using the latest build of FTECU: Server-Api error when trying to log in
  • Getting no response (program endless trying tget the device registered) when trying to register

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Do you have a new USB cable you are trying to register or are you using your old one still?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Still want to work with the old one ... I just didn't use it for a while now. Just tried again ... same error message. To your portal I can login normally, but not via the FTECU tool.

• Btw: I tried to uninstall + clean registry entries + re-install. Did not help.

Hi,

Can you send me a few pictures of the cable you are currently trying to use? Is it already registered to your account?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• karsten.breitkopf@kfzeonline.dekarsten.breitkopf@kfzeonline.de Posts: 6Verified User
    edited December 2020

Yes - It was registered and working in past.

• Hi Jason, Any updates on this? However you statement will look like, would be nice to get one;) Thank you Karsten

• hberessi@comcast.nethberessi@comcast.net Posts: 7Verified User

I am having the same problem after downloading SW to my new computer. I get a popup on login saying I need a valid internet connection. I click OK and attempt tp login again and it freezes.

Harm,

Plug in your USB cable to the computer when opening the software and it will go through no problem.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Hi Jason,

the topic was not followed up by me, since beginning of the year, but I checked now again.

Even with USB cable properly connected & identified in device manager I get "Invalid login" response (german "Ungültige Anmeldeinformationen"). Is there something I can readout in device manager, that would help you to identify the problem?

Hi,

Are you able to login to our website with the same credentials no problem? I know you are on our system to get on the forum of course but not sure if you have it saved to always log you in.

Thanks,

Jason A.