Support Forum

launch control

I have a problem with the launch-control it does not deactivate in second speed it is deactivated when I put the 4th speed could you make the modification thank you

Comments

• HELLO CAN I HAVE A ANSWERE PLEASE!

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User
    edited November 2020

Hi,

What do you mean exactly when you say it is deactivated in the 4th speed? In 4th gear? or 40kmh?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• no when I shift into 4th gear

Hi,

Ok what is your ECU part number and which file did you use to flash with?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• on all ECUs 17k90 / 17k00 17k92 / 17k02 17k93 ......

Hi,

You tried all those part number files in your specific ECU without success? What is your specific ECU part number? I need all three lines of info on the Denso sticker please.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• hello no you do not understand on the more than 50 GSXR 1000 that I flashed there is none that does the launch control correctly if I activate the launch it must cut at 10 000rpm in 1st gear and then the osque I put the 2nd report it should drive normally. This is not the case, it cuts at 10,000 rpm in 1/2/3/4 gearbox ratio

Hi,

Ok no problem I will have to find a bike to test it on here and see if I can reproduce your exact problem.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• SMFreakSMFreak Posts: 18Verified User
    edited December 2020

Will check on my bike once weather settles but this is written in Service Manual, it cuts gears 1-4 or it stops cutting once throttle is released or brake applied.

From GSX-R 1000 SM

Launch Control System Description (If Equipped)

The launch control system makes it easier for a rider to get a fast start in closed-course competition.

Once the rider selects the launch control using the engine stop / starter switch on the right handlebar, the system

controls the throttle valve opening and ignition timing in order to limit the engine rpm automatically and to optimize torque delivery while the rider holds the throttle grip wide open.

Therefore, the rider can concentrate on feeling to in the clutch lever.

When the launch control is set, ignition timing, Suzuki drive mode selector (S-DMS) and traction control are shifted to

dedicated mode for the launch control and the drive mode indicator (1) and traction control system indicator (2) 

show "L ".

This control is automatically canceled under the condition that the gear is shifted up to 4th or the vehicle is decelerated by releasing the throttle grip or applying the brake.

In this system, the ECM monitors the accelerator position sensor, CKP sensor, TP sensor, GP sensor, front and rear

wheel speed sensors and controls throttle valve opening and the ignition timing.

At the moment of the launch, the system holds the engine rpm at a pre-set level selected to keep the engine at its

torque peak. Once the clutch lever is released and the clutch is engaged, engine rpm is no longer limited but the

throttle opening is controlled to keep the engine at the ideal torque for optimum acceleration.

• maxime.salembier@hotmail.frmaxime.salembier@hotmail.fr Posts: 20Verified User

Yes but it doesn't work well if it cuts in 4 It has to cut in 2