Support Forum

FI Check Engine Light ?

pete@mnhomecheck.compete@mnhomecheck.com Posts: 4Verified User

I have a 2018 R6, removed the exhaust valve and servo and also removed the air injection valve and installed block off plates obviously tripping codes.

I don't have a code reader so I don't know the exact codes.

To fix this do I just go into the Diagnostic Code Manager and un check the associated codes, if so how do I know what the exact codes are? I would buy the adapter cable and a code reader but the adapter cable is not available.

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited January 2020

If you use the Unrestricted file, those codes are already disabled ("unchecked") in the Diagnostic Code Manager.

• pete@mnhomecheck.compete@mnhomecheck.com Posts: 4Verified User

Thanks, I messed up and used the stock file, re flashed with the unrestricted and all is good now.

• Edwardp33@gmail.comEdwardp33@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

I have a 2018 R6 with a DynoJet PCV and Autotune and a Translogic quick shifter. The quick shifter has always caused the ECU to produce a fuel injector error code. I was hoping the unrestricted map would alleviate that allowing me to not always have to check for error coats but I’m pretty sure I know what they are anyway. Does anyone have advice on this?

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

It depends on what is triggering the error codes. But our file for the 2018 R6 allows you to see what the codes are using the Diagnostic Code Manage feature.