Support Forum

failed status (Can't find the hardware issue)

Having issues with my MT07 flash tune kit. So i have changed the earth cables touch point 3 different times now. I have taken the three (yellow, red and orange) out and back in again to make sure there connected right. And I am still getting failed status when i go to write the ECU. I have a feeling maybe I am putting these 3 different colour wires in there wrong slots. Yellow goes into 6, red goes into 13 and Orange into 22 . Is this correct ?. I quite literally running out of options as I have checked all these connections many times now and from other posts on this forum this failed status issue is meant to be a hardware problem. Can someone please help!

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Please post detailed pictures of your harness installation for us to look over.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• I have used a multimeter to check all the wires and the earth wire and they all a eficient current running through. I havent been able to find and instructions of how to install the kit just youtube videos. Is there anyone i can contact via mobile, the number on the box doesn't go through

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Our number 888-543-6302 will go through any time Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PST.

If you have a newer box you should open it up and see a section that reads "Need Documents?"

Our installation documents are all on our website. Go to ftecu.com then login to your customer account. Once logged in select the Document Center then find your document. Please make sure you register your USB datalink before getting your document.

Your pins look to be in the correct positions from what I can tell. Please look at the other side of the ECU connector and check to see all the pins from the bike side harness look fully inserted into the connector like the OEM pins look.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Thank you for your quick response

issue has been resolved pin had to be pushed further in.