Support Forum

Ninja 400 Quickshift Kit - You must use a NEW file to enable QS

kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
edited August 2020 in EX 400

For those of you who have purchased the Ninja 400 QS kit, PLEASE NOTE: You must use a new file to enable the QS. You cannot simply take your existing file and enable the QS feature and flash it; you will get an "Invalid ECU Image" error message. You must copy any changes to maps/features from your previous files to a brand new file (click on the matching file to your ECU part number from the database to open up a new file, then right click "COPY" on the particular maps node from your previous file, then right click "PASTE" onto the new file's maps node), enable the QS feature, and then flash that new file into your ECU.

Comments

• fz5281169@gmail.comfz5281169@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

Which file has the QS feature? Or where is the QS feature located in the file?

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

The QS feature is located in the ECU Modules folder of the file. All the files (except the 1377 and 1332REV MotoAmerica files) have the QS feature.

• I just installed the FTECU tuning suite on my computer and I was looking at the unrestricted image for the 2020 ninja 400. I did not flash my ECU yet since I was looking for the QS, but there's no QS option under ECU module. do i need to flash my bike once and then copy this to a new file in order to get the QS option?? Also I know that you guys are working on the Rev limiter option, will you work on a gear ratio/speedometer fix in the near future? if so what is the ETA for these functions.

Thank you

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User
    edited December 2021

Hi,

What part number is your ECU?

Rev Limit function is something that will be touched upon in the future. Speedo fix we have no plans to touch.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Jason,

My ECU part number is 1332 and thanks for the answer to my other questions, to bad that your not planning on the speedo fix.

edited December 2021

Hi,

If you use the the 2018 file for your part number it will have the Quickshifter option.

The 2020 file does not contain the option but this 2018 file will work no problem.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• So for the QS, it’s just the on/off option. We cannot adjust sensitivity or timing??

Hi,

That is correct. Are you having issues with it?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Yes, I do have issues with it. I would like to add a few hundred of seconds to make the shift smoother. At the moment it feels like it's too fast and I can feel the gear rubbing\grinding when I shift at high RPM.

• mike@ftecu.commike@ftecu.com Posts: 178Staff User

If you email me I will make adjustments to your file.

• fernandobianco55@hotmail.comfernandobianco55@hotmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

hey Mike,

how do I email you? I tried clicking on your username but it doesn't give me that option. I know that now there is an option to adjust timing of the QS, but the problem I have is that I had my ECU flashed with a Norton map and that map is protected, so I can't modify it. could you do that and change the timing on my QS? plus I look at the QS kit on the web site and they say that red/yellow pull and blue green push, but my wires are blue/green and black blue. which one is pull vs push.

• mike@ftecu.commike@ftecu.com Posts: 178Staff User

Hello

Blue/green is push. If you had them do it and the map is locked you will have to have them make the adjustments for you.

Mike