Support Forum

Low RPM and IDLE tuning

robertrynd@gmail.comrobertrynd@gmail.com Posts: 18Verified User

Hello,

I have an MWR filter, lid, full akra ti w/ baffle removed and no cat on a 2018 XSR700. Have been playing with the FTECU active tune for a few months now and have run into some questions/findings.

The baseline I'm using is Yamaha 2018 MT07 Base unrestricted w/ PCV map uploaded.

The PCV map from power commander website that I'm using is:

M22-065-008 akra exhaust DNA filter and lid

First issue: Stalling after several autotune "saves". I have autotune disabled, so I pull the map after a ride, smooth it and save it. It seems as I save autotune maps, after about 5-6 runs after baseline the idle gets very rough and it starts to stall. Is this due to low rpm feedback loops being too slow? Can I change where the autotune "starts" by setting the low limit on Activation Limit_1 RPM rev/min from 1000 to 2000?

Second question (may be outside of the scope of FTECU): Can the idle be increased on the XSR700/MT07 electronically? Or by changing the throttle set screw is it safe to change the idle?

Third question:

Does it matter what baseline map I start with if I'm running autotune and saving corrections? (restricted or unrestricted base map)

Thanks! Help is much appreciated.

Rob

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

1: Yes you could set the activation limits and anything else to exactly what you would like. When you say you have autotune disabled do you mean live correction mode?

2: Electronically there is no good way of doing it unlike on an FZ/MT10, R1, R6, etc... You can try the set screw and see if that does anything for you.

3: Yes the baseline map matters, because Active Tune and a PC Fuel Map only adjust fueling. Your basemap still uses the ignition tables, ECU settings, and ECU modules set in the file.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• robertrynd@gmail.comrobertrynd@gmail.com Posts: 18Verified User

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the quick response.

1: Yes you could set the activation limits and anything else to exactly what you would like. When you say you have autotune disabled do you mean live correction mode?

Yes, live correction mode is disabled. I take the bike for a run, plug in, extract the changes and save/flash them. After a few runs the idle gets really bad.

With autotuned enabled, is it constantly updating and saving the base map?

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

With the Live Correction mode set to ENABLED it will automatically apply changes it sees while you ride but will not save them to the actual basemap until you plug in and save them manually like you are now.

Thanks,

Jason A.