Support Forum

hi I am new in the community

Comments

• sorry. now I have this problem!!

• can you help me please!!

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

You cannot read this ECU until it has been successfully flashed with our software.

You should be able to write the ECU though, are you bench flashing or bike side flashing this ECU?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• I try with another cdi and is the same problem.

please help me!! what can I do?

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Are you using bike-side or bench harness?

• bench arnes

• I both this.

Get a continuity tester and check all the wires in your harness. There is a hardware problem that is preventing communication with the ECU.

Hi,

Also please be sure you are following the software prompts correctly. Start with everything connected but no power supply connected to your bench harness. Then follow the prompts for power on and power off by plugging and unplugging your power supply from the bench harness.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• all ready do it!! everything is okay

So you were able to flash a file to the ECU? Or are you saying you checked all the wires with a continuity tester? If you're still stuck, there is a problem with your hardware somewhere, as the software is unable to communicate with the ECU.

Hi,

Please do an interface test and let me know the results you have.

In the Tuning Suite select the Help Tab then Test Interface. Select Test Inputs and I only want the number in parenthesis not the color dots.

Give me the number with everything plugged in but no power to the bench harness.

Then the number with everything plugged in plus power to the bench harness.

Be sure the ECU is connected to your bench harness during this test.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• I do it step by step but nothing

Hi,

Nothing is not the exact number I'm looking for. Click on the Help tab then click on Test Interface. You will then see a pop up window.

You should see a number 0-40 please tell me those numbers so I can further help you troubleshoot your issue.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• 37 and 7 only

Hi,

When doing this test you want your USB cable plugged into the computer, then on the other end you want your bench harness plugged in, then your ECU plugged into your bench harness. You want your power supply plugged into a wall outlet not a power strip or surge protector. Then please give me your number results with no power to the ECU then with power to the ECU via your power supply. Please let me know which numbers reflect which test.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• i donknow if it matters!! in the pic said 6 pin bench harnes and it have only 5 pin.

It does matter. You need to read and follow our instructions or requests carefully if you want to allow us to help you troubleshoot your flashing issues.

What do you mean "it have only 5 pin"?

• the first number with no power to the ecu is 37

and conected to the ecu is 37 and 7

• and connected everything less the power into a wall outlet is 30

• What do you mean "it have only 5 pin"? yes in the program down of the license or map of zx6r there is a text and it said Bench Harness 6-Pin Type 12, but my harnes only have 5 pin or 5 cable. i try to send you pics but this chat no permit it

• i try to send you pics but I cant

The "6-pin" reference is in regards to the connector to the USB Data Link cable, not the number of wires coming out of the harness.

The 7 indicates that you have a problem with your red wire. Please check that wire for continuity with a multitester.

• The 7 indicates that you have a problem with your red wire. Please check that wire for continuity with a multitester. Okay, the red wire is the power wire Right?

Not exactly. It carries voltage, but so do the others. Check it carefully.

• hi Kent, I check all the wires and is okay but I can see the harness to conect to the usb at the lap top has game or not put in well, is probably that the problem

I'm not sure what you mean...can you post a photo of what you're referring to.

How did you check the red wire? Did you use a multimeter?