Support Forum

The ecu doesn't recognize me

hernan.cardemil@me.comhernan.cardemil@me.com Posts: 24Verified User

I have tried a lot to be able to modify my ecu again and it does not leave me, the ecu is registered and for a long time I did not do anything

Comments

• hernan.cardemil@me.comhernan.cardemil@me.com Posts: 24Verified User

I have followed each of the steps indicated both to connect the ecu and the necessary steps after the change of platform and does not read it and does not let me scoff it

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited August 2019

Switch the language to English and see if that helps. Also, are you on the latest Tuning Suite version? (2.5.5.2)

What is the exact error message?

is this license

Have you tried clicking OK on the error message? If you have flashed it on your account, it should be readable.

• ryangibson891@gmail.comryangibson891@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

I have a new license. After connecting the ECU to the computer and trying to read the ECU, a message appears. What could be the reason? Reinstalling the software did not help

If you have a new license, you cannot read the ECU until you flash it the first time.

• ryangibson891@gmail.comryangibson891@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

will the ECU be damaged if there is a loss of communication with the server during boot?

edited August 2019

No, but the license can go into an "attempted" status which puts it on hold until we can reset it for you, and a reset causes any files on that license you haven't saved to be lost.

I have done everything, he even asked me to use a new license and it has not been possible

edited August 2019

Have you downloaded the latest version of the Tuning Suite? There is nothing wrong with your license. Have you tried to flash it?

If version 2.5.6.10

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Are you trying to read the ECU with a bench harness or a bike side harness? The Fail Invalid RX message is generally a hardware problem.

If you are reading it with a bench harness then start with everything connected. Once you are prompted to disconnect or key off then simply disconnect your power supply wire from the bench harness. Once it prompts you to connect or key on then plug your power wire back into your bench harness.

If you are bike side flashing start with everything connected but the key off. Once prompted to disconnect or key off click ok. Once prompted to connect or key on turn your key on then press ok.

You can also run a hardware test by going to the help tab then selecting test interface. You want to select the box that says test inputs then only pay attention to the number in parentheses. With the key on or power into the bench harness with the ECU connected you should see a number of 6, 16, 26, or 36. With the ECU still connected but power off or key off you should see 0, 10, 20, or 30.

Thanks,

Jason A.