Support Forum

No Registered ECU found

pdgalvinjr+ftecu@gmail.compdgalvinjr+ftecu@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

Hi All

I performed a bike-side flash about 5 years ago and am attempting to do the same again. During that time the computer I used had died, so I have installed the software on a new system and am able to log in to my account and communicate with the device (interface test with key on returns (36) and key off (30) ) but when attempting to perform any operations (like a re-flash with the .ftm profile used previously) the application returns the error "No registered ECU found. Would you like to purchase a new license for this ECU?".

This is the same bike (2016 FZ-07) and ECU that I have flashed previously. Is there anything that can be reset to re-enable my license?

Thanks very much for any support, and let me know if I can provide any further detail that might help

Peter

Comments

• cody@ftecu.comcody@ftecu.com Posts: 16Staff User

Hello

Please refer to this forum post to help trouble shoot the issue you're having.

If the issue still persist please send an email to sales@ftecu.com for further help.

• pdgalvinjr+ftecu@gmail.compdgalvinjr+ftecu@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

Cody, thanks very much for that reference... I had read that article but assumed it wouldn't apply to my situation. It appears that my issue was order of operations, so I'll leave this here for anybody running into a similar problem:

I had originally been connecting the USB cable to the PC and the bike and then attempting to flash, which resulted in "No registered ECU" during multiple attempts. What worked for me was to launch the software > connect the USB cable to the computer > select Device > Write ECU > wait for "key on" prompt > Connect to the bike ECU harness.

This resulted in a successful flash.

Thanks again!