Support Forum

GRAVES CAT DELETE FILE NOT ALLOWING BIKE TO CRANK

JJR@JFSMITH.COMJJR@JFSMITH.COM Posts: 3Verified User
edited May 20 in R1

Downloaded the Graves Cat Delete file for my 2016 R1S from the FTECU file manager, and then I uploaded it into the bike via the bikeside harness. The bike would turn over fast but not fire. Charged battery, went through several key cycles...no luck. Sounds like the fuel is cutoff.

Reloaded stock file and bike starts right up.

Called Graves this morning and was told they have sold "thousands of these programs and not had any trouble". Customer service rep was super thorough and helpful...ran me through a protocol of disconnecting battery, draining ECU of power, hooking battery up, reflashing with Graves flash file, go through several key cycles without attempting start....then tried start.

Again, no fire with the Graves program loaded.

Graves rep told me to call back if his protocol didn't work, and I will do that, but they are now closed for the day.

Just wondering if I can solve it tonight as I cannot be with the bike when I have availability to call Graves.

Anybody experience anything similar to this?

Any ideas besides "please load the stock program"? I have a brand new Graves Cat Delete pipe and silencer, with no O2 sensors, so I need to remap the ECU accordingly.

Thank you for any help you might offer.